If you really want to say something with your photo, this is probably the most direct way to do it. You viewer will be in no doubt as to what your message is.
- Something to write on, such as cardboard, or someone elses hand.
- A bold marker
- Find a location, preferably one that relates to your message.
- Write your message with your writing implement on to your canvas.
- Compose you shot so that your background is clearly visible. Putting your message in a bottom corner works well because it's standard to have text underneath an image.
- Ensure the camera has focus on the message, otherwise it'll appear blurry
Follow up shots
- Background is a person you don't like, message is 'dickhead' with arrow pointing towards them
- Something emo