Delicate, colourful images that most people love
- A colourful flower
- Little to no wind.
- Position yourself so that the image will have a nice, simple, pleasing background. You want the focus to be on the flower, not on everything else around it.
- Get close to the flower, either physically, or by using your zoom.
- Experiment with putting the flower in different parts of the frame such as right up against the side.
- Aim your camera at the subject and half press the shutter button until it focuses, then compose your shot and fully press the button.
- If available, activate your cameras macro mode. It usually looks like a flower.
Follow up shots
- Get your camera directly underneath and shoot upwards.